The Redwood Advisory promise is to make taking control of your super easy through your SMSF.
This article will highlight the key steps in setting up your SMSF to ensure it is smooth with no surprises.
Steps to set up your SMSF:
- Contact Redwood Advisory – SMSF specialists on 1300 790 110 or www.redwoodadvisory.com.au
- Complete the online application form at www.redwoodadvisory.com.au
- For ‘individual trustee’ structure, once you complete the online application form, Redwood Advisory will apply for an ABN & TFN for your SMSF on your behalf. The ABN and TFN can take up to 28 days to be issued from the ATO and received by the fund however usually takes around 1-2 weeks.
- For ‘corporate trustee’, Redwood Advisory will issue an invoice for the company set up and will set up the company within 24 hours of receipt of the payment being received. Redwood Advisory will apply for an ABN & TFN for your SMSF on your behalf. The ABN and TFN can take up to 28 days to be issued from the ATO and received by the fund however usually takes around 1-2 weeks.
- Within one week of establishing the fund, Redwood Advisory will send you a ‘Welcome Pack’ with all documents required to establish your fund. This will need to be signed upon receipt and your SMSF will be established.
- Once the SMSF ABN is received, you will be able to establish a SMSF bank account
- Once bank account is opened, you will be able to rollover your superannuation from your industry/ employer sponsored fund to the SMSF
- Once rollover completed and the balance is transferred to your bank account you will be ready to take control of your super and control your investment future
This article was written by Ivan Filipovic – Director of Redwood Advisory SMSF Specialists.